Data Sets and Visualizations
About Our Datasets
On October 7, 2016, FSIS announced that the Agency was preparing to publish the first set of establishment specific datasets as announced in the Federal Register on July 14, 2016 (Docket No. FSIS-2014-0032). FSIS developed its Establishment-Specific Data Release Strategic Plan in response to policy documents issued by the President and the Office of Management and Budget and to reduce the administrative burden Freedom of Information Act requests have placed on the Agency.
Prior to publishing these datasets, FSIS will make sample datasets available. Going forward, FSIS intends to release new datasets quarterly, and existing datasets will be updated quarterly. We intend to use the following schedule:
- Release sample data and data dictionary on the 1st Friday of the 2nd month of the quarter
- The feedback deadline will be six weeks later
- Publish the full dataset on the 1st Friday of the next quarter.
Additional Data Sets
Import and Export Data
FSIS maintains volumes of imported meat, poultry and egg products presented for reinspection by FSIS at port of entry. This is reported by country in pounds and percentage of the total.
Outbreak Investigation Data
During investigations, FSIS gathers data and information that shape response and prevention activities.
Food Handling and Food Safety Education
Download data and documentation for the FoodKeeper mobile application.
- Data Documentation: FoodKeeper Mobile Application
- FoodKeeper Data (XLS format)
- More data available at Data.gov